Laser Hair Removal underarms is one of the most popular laser hair removal treatments for women. Men can also undergo laser armpit hair removal.
Laser hair removal underarms is a relatively small treatment area so having laser hair removal on the underarm area is a great test area for clients that are new to laser before they commit to larger areas of the body. Laser hair removal underarms is also one of the lowest cost areas for laser hair removal. Being a small treatment area, it is a fairly quick and easy treatment to fit in – maybe during your lunch break or when you do your shopping.
You will notice a reduction of hair between treatments after your very first treatment and skin becomes silkier and smoother.
One of the greatest benefits to laser hair removal underarms is the reduction of unsightly ingrown hair.
Ingrown hairs occur when hair gets trapped under the skin, this can look like a pimple and can become inflamed and quite red. Ingrown hairs are caused by a build up of dead skin on the surface over the hair which is why regular exfoliation is so important to remove dead skin. It’s important not to dry out the area with harsh soaps as this will worsen the problem and encourage more dead skin to build up over the hair. Laser hair removal underarms helps to smooth out the skin and reduce hair count and thickness. Over the course of your treatment, any regrowth will be noticeably finer, sparse, and less likely to become trapped under the skin (ingrown).
Some of the other benefits of laser hair removal underarms include:
– making shaving irritation a thing of the past
– minimising the dark shadow usually seen from shaving
– less maintenance when heading out to the beach or going out on the town as you don’t have to keep waxing and shaving all the time
– cleaner and more comfortable than shaving or waxing
– reduces underarm sweating due to the reduction in hair making it more comfortable for exercise and sports
– you will save time and money in the long term, rather than waxing or shaving, as laser hair removal provides permanent hair reduction
– will cut down your time in the shower as you won’t need to shave as often
– will increase your confidence and self esteem as you won’t have to worry about underarm hair all the time
– it’s an area that is not usually exposed to the sun, this is important as exposure to the sun after laser hair removal is not recommended for at least four weeks before and after treatment
Pre-and Post Treatment care for laser hair removal underarms is fairly simple. Do not wax, tweeze or pluck within 4 weeks before commencing treatment or at anytime during treatment. You’ll be required to shave your underarms within 24 hours before your treatment. As the underarm is a delicate area, the skin needs to be treated with care. A reputable Laser Hair Removal Clinic should recommend (amongst other care instructions) that after your laser hair removal underarms, you don’t use deodorant for the first 24 hours after your treatment as some deodorants will irritate the area.