How To Be An Effective Laser Hair Removal Company
The hair and beauty industry is a highly lucrative one with beauty technicians earning large sums of money on an annual basis. In recent years, hair removal has become increasingly popular – particularly the procedure of laser hair removal. This is due to laser hair removal requiring professional procedures, unlike the waxing or threading which can be completed using a store-bought kit. In order to ensure you receive an effective and efficient hair removal course, you must attend a reliable and reputable beauty spa.
The most beneficial companies are those that feature technicians who know the details of laser hair removal. Many of these individuals will spend much of their day interacting with people, building a rapport with the client, therefore they must understand the different aspects of laser hair removal (LHR) as if it were second nature in order to be sufficient. Here are the different items which must be known in order for the company to be deemed effective:
1. The correct treatment for the correct hair color. It must be remembered that the LHR hair treatments will be most successful on individuals with darker hair color. If the color is light then the procedure may leave marks or scars.
2. Injuries and the skin tone. It must be remembered that the darker an individual’s skin tone, the greater the chance of burning and scars. This is because darker skin will absorb the laser in the procedure, similar to tanning on a sun bed.
3. Different lasers must be used on different skins. This is highly important as it not only determines the laser to use on the skin tone, but also the amount of treatments one is suited to.
4. Tanned skin should not be treated. This, as with the genetically darker skin, is more susceptible to burning during laser hair removal.
5. Hair must grow for a minimum of two weeks before receiving treatment, therefore this must be planned in advance and one cannot undergo LHR at short notice.
6. Contrary to popular belief, facial hair will not be eliminated with laser hair removal but can increase in length for some individuals. It has been seen that some lasers will increase the length and thickness of facial hair; therefore, you must consult a technician or doctor to discuss the treatment beforehand.
7. It is also important that the technician discuss treatment plans before the treatment begins. You must remember that the number of treatments to reach satisfactory results will differ from patient to patient, and they must be prepared for the expense.
8. No pain, no gain. Effective technicians understand that lasers remove the hair by exploding the hair follicles. This means it will hurt and can sting. They must prepare the client for this eventuality and must be prepared to deal with disgruntled clients themselves.
Employing a technician that understands the above factors associated to laser hair removal are the first step to being an effective laser hair removal company.