Great Advantages of Laser Hair Removal
Today there are many solutions for getting rid of unwanted hair, although one of the most popular techniques is laser hair removal. This technique involves the use of light beams that are highly concentrated. They penetrate deep into the skin until they reach your hair follicles. A pigment that’s found in those follicles absorbs the light, also destroying the hair in the process.
Laser hair removal is perfect for getting rid of unwanted hair along the bikini line, as well as on the underarms, arms, legs, face or virtually any other part of the body where unwanted hair is growing. Currently laser removal is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed in North America. So why do so many people turn to this laser removal technique? Here are several great advantages of opting for laser removal instead of its alternatives:
– You experience fewer skin problems as a result. Shaving, waxing, or tweezing can all result with burns, nicks, or bumps. Not only does this cause unsightly problems on your skin, but it also results in a great deal of irritation and pain.
– Lasers also offer a level of precision that can’t be experienced with shaving, waxing, or tweezing. Laser technicians can target coarse, dark hairs without damaging the skin around them. This prevents any skin problems as a result of the procedure.
– Laser removal is also much faster than other forms of hair removal because each pulse can remove numerous hairs and takes less than a second to complete. Most lasers can target an area about the size of a quarter each second. If you opt to have this type of hair removal done on a small area like the upper lip, treatments usually take less than a minute. Larger areas like the legs or back can take as much as an hour to treat.
– Laser removal also tends to be more permanent than other types of hair removal. Up to 90 percent of those who have just 3 to 5 treatment sessions experience the loss of their unwanted hair permanently, which means that they don’t need to removal that hair any more.
– It saves time and money. Since most people who have a handful of treatment sessions no longer need to remove their unwanted hair because it’s gone permanently, they save money on things like razors, wax, and other techniques for hair removal.
It’s important to realize that this procedure is more complex than other forms of hair removal. Only trained technicians should perform this procedure, and like other medical procedures, it does have some possible risks associated with it. You should see a specialist to make sure that you are a good candidate for laser removal before you make an appointment to have it done.
Also keep in mind that you should limit electrolysis, waxing, and plucking for at least six weeks before each treatment session. The treatments will be ineffective if you don’t because the hair’s roots must be present in order for them to be removed with the lasers.