Benefits and Risks of Laser Skin Tightening
One of the most noticeable side effects of rapid weight loss, weight gain and pregnancy is stretch marks. Once you get stretch marks, these marks remain permanent on your skin. Though applications of oils, creams and moisturizers help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, they don’t help eliminate them.
Alternatively, laser skin tightening helps regain smooth and youthful skin permanently, without any downtime. Here are the risks and benefits associated with the procedure.
1. Unlike other cosmetic surgery procedures that make you look young making superficial changes to your facial skin, laser treatment helps you look younger by stimulating collagen regeneration under the skin surface. As collagen fills in the skin blemishes, all your wrinkles and lines on the neck, body, around eyes and mouth and on the forehead fade away.
2. An additional benefit of the procedure is that the procedure is carried out without making any incisions or by using any injections. So there is no need of undergoing any pain to look young. Moreover, the absence of surgical incisions reduces the cost of laser treatment.
3. Moreover, as the laser system cools the upper skin layers while collagen gets heated down below, patients experience minimum discomfort throughout the procedure.
4. While results are noticed immediately, you experience further skin treatment over months as new collagen starts growing. Based on the region being treated, some patients require more than one skin treatment for maximum results.
5. Unlike a face lift, laser skin treatment needs no downtime and has minimum chances of side effects. Moreover, it does not stretch the skin; instead, it lets the skin tighten on its own.
1. The risks associated with laser skin treatment are few. There may be some temporary side effects after the procedure like warm or sensitive skin, changes in skin color and localized bruising.
2. Those prone to herpes outbreaks and who have skin cancer lesions on the area to be treated should discuss the risks associated with laser skin tightening on their skin.
3. It is also not advised for pregnant women to undergo laser skin treatment.
With the benefits outnumbering the risks of laser skin treatment, it is no wonder this is a very popular anti-aging treatment today.